Applications for the 2023 intake close on 31 October 2022. A first round of selections and notifications will happen in September, so apply early if you can! Please keep in mind that space is limited.
To apply for admission into the MSc programme, follow the steps below.
- Go to the applicant portal on SUNStudent, create a profile if you haven't already, and log in.
- Click on "Programme selection".
- Faculty: "Faculty of Science-Stellenbosch"
- Programme type: "Postgraduate"
- Programme: "MSc (Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence)", full-time or part-time
- Complete the required information from the menus on the left panel.
- Under "Upload documents" you will be asked for:
- a comprehensive CV
- a letter of motivation
- a statement of research interest
- Note that you do not need to identify an academic supervisor. Accepted students will have an opportunity after the start of the programme to speak to potential supervisors and indicate research project preferences.
- If you are happy with the terms, submit your application. Note that there is an application fee of R100 for South African applicants (no fee for international applicants or current SU students).
For general information on the online application process, study fees, support services, and more, follow this link to Stellenbosch University’s website for prospective postgraduate students.